March 11, 2019
River News – A Forum at Norfork
Monday, March 11 – Meeting starts at 6 p.m.
The Community Center at 49 City Hall Circle
Gather at 5:30 – meet and greet…
Sam Cooke, Past President of Friends of the North Fork and White Rivers along with AGFC resource, Tim Burnley, Stream Habitat Programs Coordinator, will be on hand to give a brief overview and status of our watershed.
We particularly want to hear from you…what are your concerns and questions about the condition of our streams and rivers…what do you see? What is your joy, what are your concerns?
Topics will include
• What is Friends of the Rivers…what is the mission? …and Goals…
• What is the Middle White River Watershed plan, what does it mean for me?
• How is Dry Run Creek? How do we reduce sediment running into our streams from stormwater,
• How do we keep our riverbanks vegetated (having a riparian zone)
What can I do to help? Volunteer opportunities and upcoming events
• Hicks Creek Clean UP – late April
• Crooked Creek Cleanup and Crawfish Boil Fund-Raiser –Sunday May 26
• Piney Creek – tba June likely
• Poke Bayou - tba
• Trout Unlimited partners – egg planting
What is WOTUS? – What is that all about?
How’s the Buffalo?
Now it’s your turn!....Q & A and more…